Peter Nagy, Partnerships Specialist
Zsofia Szilagyi, HR and Brand Manager
In the past few years, we experienced a positive change in attitude towards sustainability. Not only civil organisations but multinational companies have taken measures to decrease their carbon footprint by using reusable and eco-friendly products, reducing waste and also drawing people’s attention to sustainability.
is meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. But what does it mean in practice?
The first step a company can take is to review its operations and implement different strategies towards sustainability.
At Wear Your Brand, we are committed to not only providing top-notch delivery gear solutions for food and grocery delivery ventures, but also doing so in a sustainable and environmentally conscious way.
We have a number of ongoing internal sustainability projects that we are excited to share with you!
1. We measure the CO2 effects of our operations and track them to ensure we are minimizing our carbon footprint wherever possible. Within our OMS (operational management system) that we provide to our partners as part of the automation of delivery gear distribution, we are developing a function which tracks CO2 emission.
2. The use of biofuel is currently one of the most efficient ways of avoiding carbon emissions, so we are shipping with it! On average, shipping a container from China to Europe causes 1.8 tons of carbon dioxide emissions. However, by shipping with vessels, that use biofuel, these emissions can be reduced by more than 50%. The following chart shows our last 4 shipments, from which we used biofuel vessels for the last 2.
3. We work closely with external partners who prioritize sustainability in their own operations. This allows us to extend our commitment to sustainability beyond our own company and collaborate with others who share our values.
4. We prioritize the refurbishing and sanitization of our delivery bags to extend their lifespan and minimize waste. Our team works hard to ensure our bags are in great condition for reuse and refurbishment. We are working on online marketplaces for second-hand bags to give them a new life with another delivery venture.
5. We strive to use sustainable materials in the future. We are researching and sourcing eco-friendly materials that meet our high standards for quality and durability and currently we are working on a sustainable delivery gear product line.
We believe that sustainability is not just a buzzword, but a core value that should guide all of our actions.
We are proud of the sustainability projects we have underway at Wear Your Brand, and we will continue to innovate and prioritize sustainability in everything we do.
Together, we can make a difference for the environment.
There are several solutions for getting more and more sustainable within the food and grocery delivery industry.
Here are some great initiatives:
Uber Eats and Visa embrace environmentally friendly packaging READ MORE
CLUBZERØ partners with Just Eat on reusable packaging READ POST